Trip Planner Overview
ZeeMaps can used as a trip planner to plan your routes visiting multiple points marked on your map. Routes, an ordered list of destinations, can be created on any map, even maps not your own. Some highlights of trip planning with ZeeMaps routes are:
- The ZeeMaps trip planner can optionally optimize your route for distance or time.
- Routes are associated with your account for each map, so you’ll need to sign-in to create a route.
- The trip planner allows you to print your routes, with a map showing the overall route and each stop labelled and listed on the print page.
- Routes are available when you access the map from your Smart Phone, so you can easily get directions to your next stop from where you are.
Using the ZeeMaps Trip Planner
To create a new route on a map, use the menu item Additions -> Route. This will show you a dialog containing the route. For example, here’s a route on our Used Computer Stores map for a few stores in San Jose and Santa Clara, California.[caption id="attachment_1110" align="aligncenter" width="405"] Trip Planner: Create a route[/caption]
Start clicking on pins on the map to add to the route. In the route dialog, you can select the route to be either automatically optimized for Distance or for Time. If not, you can leave it to be manual. If the route is in manual mode, you can drag-and-drop the destinations in the route to re-order your route. With a route dialog, you can do the following:
- List All: list all the routes that you have defined on this map
- Print: get a map print-out of your route, with each stop marked on the map and listed
- Reset: clear your current changes
- Show: show the routes between the destinations
- Save As: Save your route for future reference
- Close: dismiss the route dialog
Routes in Smart Phone
After you’ve defined your routes on a map, visit the map from your Smart Phone. To see the routes, click on the menu item and click on the Routes option. This will bring up a list of your routes, so you can click on the one that you want. Once you are on the route, you can click on any destination to get directions to that destination.[caption id="attachment_1111" align="aligncenter" width="640"] Trip Planner: Routes in Smart Phone[/caption]